Friday, March 23, 2007

A poor post

Disclaimer!!!! This is a post full of moaning and groaning with a heavy icing of self doubt. Continue only if you wish to be completely turned off by my weakness!

With the news about Elizabeth Edwards’ reoccurrence of cancer, all the news services are finding other people who have also had reoccurrences of cancer. I know they are trying to show the courage of these people as they are valiantly continuing to fight, but for those of us who are in their first fights, it is not encouraging. They are not making the future look bright.

At this point I am struggling to remember those who have been survivors with no reoccurrence. Those are the folks I would rather hang with! Just last Friday the echo tech told me she was a nineteen year survivor. I am surrounded by these people, and yet I am hanging on the stories of reoccurrences.

I guess I will go back to the recesses of my mind where I have not truly accepted that I have breast cancer. There is still that part of me, you know. I find great comfort in sneaking back there - a lot. It’s much nicer than the truth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now is the time to keep your head in the sand and just follow your own treatment plan. Some of us are lucky and some aren't but there isn't anything we can do about it now. Keep your thoughts positive and enjoy yourself, have fun.....buy a red wig and a blond one and see if you do have more fun!