Monday, March 12, 2007

A little bit of this and a little bit of that!

What a mixture of events this weekend. It all began on Thursday when I went to Dr Surgeon to have the remaining staples removed. He, like the oncologist, wondered about antibiotics, since the incision was rather red. But he didn't prescribe anything.

That very evening, I ran a fever - 101. I know antibiotics need to be used only when needed, but come on. If the incision is red . . . So I called Dr Surgeon on Friday morning, and they told me to come in - right then! He drained about 3 syringes of fluid from the area. I think my sensitivity to the silicon tubes caused them to clog, and the fluids were trapped. Anyway, I am on antibiotics now.

The problem with that is will they continue with the chemo on Wednesday? With the time change, the oncologist office has not changed their phones from weekend mode yet. I can't reach them. Ah, another drama.

Saturday we went to get my prosthetic breast. Dr Surgeon said that the insurance might not pay for the pro thesis and the reconstruction. I went prepared to pay outright for the pro thesis. They convinced me that insurance would have to pay, so that was the way we went.

I must say, it is a different feeling that going natural, but I feel much more secure. The silk scarf, ace bandage and two socks that I had been using were certainly not as nice as this "fake boob!"

I finally got to get my eyes examined for new glasses. It will be great to be able to see again. My present glasses are two years old because I had a aneurysm in a capillary in my right eye that had to be treated with laser surgery. I waited for a while for my vision to settle down, then I got lazy. I would use the excuses of kids going back to school, so the optical division would be too busy, or they were on vacation and it would be too busy. My glasses will be ready in 7-10 working days.

I had been reading Rana. She had gotten some great glasses via the Internet. I had wanted the progressive sunglasses as well as the regular. I asked the guy how much they would be. He quoted $240. I nearly fell off of my chair. I checked with the Internet place. I ordered a pair for less than $100 on Saturday. They will be shipped in two to four days. What do you want to bet I get the sunglasses before the regular ones!

I have rambled enough for one day. It was just a very busy weekend with so many unrelated things going on. Have a good week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had a bit of trouble myself. Turned out to be nothing but I was put on drugs and had to delay three radiation treatments until they made sure it was just swelling and not something else. Plan on having delays, pushed back appointments and your life just goofed up for a while. Just take one day at a time. I'm rooting for you.