Thursday, March 15, 2007

Reality Check?

Nope, not for me. I realize I am happily still floating down that river in Egypt. I am still in full and complete denial which is rather amazing!

Yesterday was the first of the chemo sessions. When I got into the chair, the nurse asked if I had been through chem school. Nope - never heard of it! So I got an abbreviated version.

This came AFTER it was discovered that my port was deep. Thanks Dr Surgeon! No little stick, poke and it’s in. No it’s digging for it!

The first treatment went quite well - especially when I discovered that I don’t have to have a driver. I can take myself. That made me very happy.

Today was fluids day. When I was sitting in the waiting room, another woman was on her phone. She was talking about her impending chemo. She was in for just a check. She said she was due for chemo school on Tuesday, then beginning chemo on Thursday. She said she was relizing that she had breast cancer now.

Funny, after the mastectomy, now the chemo, it still isn’t really sinking in yet. I just feel these are thinks that are having to be done. I’m not looking at the real reason. I wonder if there will ever be a reality check?

Well, Lady Bug is going to be here in a bit. Monkey Boy is having an ENT appointment to check his hearing. His speech is a bit delayed, but with the speech therapy he is getting he is already getting better. The hearing check is not a bad idea however.

Time to put on the prostheses, and kick myself into high gear to get ready to Lady Bug!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things are going well for you. For some reason I can't open your comment page from my home computer but I do read you whenever you post. Take care and take it easy.