Thursday, February 06, 2014

What a day!

First - any day that begins at 5:15 AM  is already quite a day.  I am so sleepy that it's a real trial to keep my eyes open.  But if I take a nap, I won't want to get up, and then I won't be able to go to sleep today!

The surgery went well.  The nerve in his left wrist - really more lateral - was deeply embedded, but the doctor thinks his will ease pain and dingling.

Our trip there was by back roads.  The major freeway that connects the two points is undergoing major reconstruction.  Lanes appear and disappear.  Neither of us has been down that way in a long time, and we didn't want to hit it in the dark during the early rush hour.

We knew the weather was going to be cold.  What we had no idea of was mmore SNOW! While we were in the back, it snowed.  Pretty much for Houston, Texas!  Before you know it, we will be so schooled in snow travel our schools won't close.  This is three times this year. 

Apparently tomorrow is supposed to be bad too.  Lucky me - I get to give blood for my cardio doc tomorrow.  Bah!  On days like this one coming, I am supposed to be able to just hunker down and keep warm.  After all, I am retired!

So all is well - -- and cold around the casa!

4 comments:

Marti said...

I'm glad everything went well with the surgery. We had a little snow here today. Not enough to really notice. But I'm like you, I just wanted to stay in the house all day. And I did.

Judy said...

I heard ya'll had snow again. Glad the surgery went well--now the pain of healing, some physical therapy and by summer, he will be good to go.

yellowdoggranny said...

glad you are doing so well..the weather world wide is upside down and topsy turvey..scary.

Cheyenne said...

Sometimes I am just getting to bed at 5:15...well, 3:15 at least.