Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Latest gossip

PLEASE  NOTE - MY CURSOR GOES CRAZY.  I TRY TO CATCH ITS ERRANT MOVES, BUT THERE MAY BE LETTERS AND/OR WORDS WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG!  SORRY! 



I guess that what this is going to be.  It's about my step-granddaughter.  The one who is so messed up (cleaned that one up nicely).

Perhaps it is that I just don't understand those under 25 anymore, but the ones that are the  "closest" to me, meaning that I hear reports of their lives, I just don't understand.

Megan is now 21.  She is living with this guy she knew for a week before she got pregnant.  They have a two year old.  They claim they are getting married - but NOT at Justice of the Peace.  No, she says she wants the big white wedding.  Personally I find this in extremely poor taste.

She never comes out to ask for money from her dad and step-mom (my daughter).  She hints.  Well for this fiasco that has been set back at least once, she came out and asked just what they were doing for this comedy.

Now, you have to understand, she NEVER calls them - except when she is in a bind for money.  At Thanksgiving, she stood up with the other part of the family and blasted her dad for not being there.  A few choice words were used against him at which time her uncle demanded she leave their house.

She has never told them what the wedding date is going to be.  All plans have been made with her mom and future in-laws (even though they can't stand her).  For her August birthday, Daughter paid $100 to the "venue" and that was the last payment made there.

Daughter sent a text asking just what all the plans were. She knew some of them because she called the person at the venue.  Megan refused to send/call any information back.  Then she and her baby-daddy not only unfriended but blocked them on Facebook.  Now that is really an adult move!

So as it stands, there is no communication.  Not that the situation is unusual.  Perhaps her daughter who is two can be the flower girl for this overblown fiasco that will probably be over in less than two
years.  This judgement comes from the fact that Megan regularly packs her things and threatens to leave.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I hope your daughter doesn't help anymore!!! Her father is the one to help and if he doesn't want to,, which I wouldn't blame him, then his wife, your daughter doesn't need to try and bond the family back together--which by the sounds of it--ain't gonna happen. How in the world do kids get off talking to their parents like that? If i had ever had a confrontation with my Dad--even me at 70 and him at 92, he'd got up and smacked me!!! and yet, these younger kids feel entitled to do whatever they "feel" like no matter who gets hurt in the process.