Wednesday, July 04, 2012

For today - answers

As to the Lipitor.  I simply told the doc that I couldn't tolerate the leg cramps.  Some of them were really deep in my upper thigh.  I couldn't work them out sometimes for several minutes.  He said this happens in about 10% of people taking the drug.  He then asked how long I had been off of it, and I told him at least 2 months.  My numbers still hadn't climbed too far, so he gave me something (I'll look at the script later if it seems important) that is a powder to put in my morning liquids.  It doesn't enter the blood stream and acts like a magnet to the cholesterol and even some of the sugars to pass them out of the body.  We'll see.  But if it means being off the Lipitor and getting plaque, then it better hurry and build up.  There are other threats out there to my life!

I was watching "The View" for a few minutes - until I got so tired of Paula Dean and realized it was a re-run.  On there, Dr Oz pointed out to avoid white foods.  I agree with him.  I looked at my labs from the cardio doc (the only ones I was privy to) and saw that the potassium was at the limit for normal.  With that in mind - I will be a bit more careful, but white foods - no!  G wanted me to ask the cardio doc about that, but we talked about so many other more important things that I didn't get it in.

JuJu - yes I heard that Adele is pregnant!

Our friend/neighbor/cousin's death in reality is a good thing.  One of the last things he told G when they talked on the phone was that brain cancer wasn't any fun.  When we had seen him the month before, he was just a skeleton.  Of course, he also had suffered a ruptured colon which almost killed him, and he was with a colostomy bag.  I know the quality of his life was terrible.  I don't think he was really happy about being alive, and they did everything possible to prepare for the eventuality of his death.  They had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and birthdays in June knowing the end was near.  I know there is peace for all now.  I think the preparations were so complete that the funeral taking place the next day was just part of the plan.  I personally hated it because we couldn't have made it under the best of circumstances.

Hopefully our upstairs a/c is finally fixed.  Perhaps we should have just replaced the $500 board for the fan.  After replacing the heater (yeah, that makes sense in July!) and the a/c coil - there has been nothing but trouble.  If I didn't trust the company as I do, I would say they wanted to replace the entire system, which I wanted to suggest in the first place.  But we are able to stay nice and cool down here since they are separate systems.

To those of you without power (if there is anyone), I really understand what you are going through.  I really hope you are restored soon.  It is such a terrible time.  The news reports did say one thing that you have that is more than we in Swampland have - cellars.  Not a great help to be sure, but they are cooler!  Praying for you to have power restored soon.

In the other parts where the heat is so bad, I know what you are going through.  I am praying for a break for you too!  This is killer heat.  Be careful.

Peace.


1 comment:

yellowdoggranny said...

we have a cold front, which means it's below a 100 for a week..