Monday, June 25, 2012

Warm welcome

We were given a very warm welcome back to Texas.  We have stopped in Dallas to visit G's elderly aunts.  Dallas was kind enough to give us a warm welcome, very warm - 106 degrees warm.  While I appreciate the gesture, you didn't have to do it - really.

Yesterday we drove from Cedar Rapids to Tulsa - actually a little place south of Tulsa. Then today was the leg to Dallas.

If G ever leaves for a trip without a map, I swear I will kill him.  That has caused more problems than anything else on this trip.  I really don't think the GPS in the car is working properly.  In fact, I know it.  I cannot input addresses. etc.  The map is ok - until it is messed with!

The road from Tulsa to Dallas is not well marked with road signs.  We wanted highway 75.  That highway and 69 ran together, but 75 wasn't marked well.  The GPS didn't have the markings either.

Tomorrow - home.  And the next day - we have the ac people out.  Our upstairs ac was out before we left.  I will bet it is over 100 up there today.

We had dinner with the aunts.  They are getting so feeble.  But we went to dinner and had a great time.

Bed time now!

Peace

2 comments:

JuJu said...

So very close to home! When do you pick up the pupper dog??

Travel safe and try not to ram G's head into the GPS!

Judy said...

I have to have a map to look at--just to see where I'm going or where I've been--just to keep tucked next to me. Glad you are home.