Wednesday, December 01, 2010

What a creep!

I just reversed a positive RSVP. What a tacky thing to do! I would feel much worse, but Daughter encouraged me to do it.

You see, her friend is having a Passion Party party. You know - the "special toys." There are other nice things that make a woman feel pampered. I really like N, and she will be great with this party plan. She has that kind of personality. Regardless of how you feel about these things, they are there, and N will be a great one to sell them. Anyway, Daughter made me feel better because she is trying to get N to postpone this thing.

Her timing isn't good. She is aiming at women who stay home. Those women are more "scarce than hens' teeth." My street is unusual here. There are at least six of us, but many of us are retired now. There is only one young woman who stays home. She used to work only part time, but that job disappeared like so many jobs.

What is a better opportunity than this party you might be asking. Well my sewing club of course. I feel rather like an outsider since my machine is at another facility being repaired right now! Just kidding, but I really am considering changing machines. I do like the Brother people - a lot. I got confused last year and went to their Christmas party. It was a lot more fun. To be honest N's party will be a LOT more fun, but there is the chance I will win something at this party.

****************************************************************************
We may have falsely accused my nephew and his gang for the destruction. Our hunter was there last weekend with his cousin. They are good people, but they brought the cousin's 12 year old boy. As it happens, the cousin shot an spike and his son a doe. They left the towels. Apparently the boy then decided to target practice.

Our hunter feels terrible about this. He shouldn't. G feels a little bad about jumping to conclusions about our nephew. I told him that once you get a reputation, it is hard to live it down. Something happens and you are suspect. That was especially true when we found the Game Warden has dealt with them three times since late October. His mom told us "they don't do those things anymore." Perhaps that is true, but sometimes it is hard to believe.

At least I don't think there will be any more problems. I don't mind my nephew thinking we are watching and have others watching the place. I sincerely hope he is growing up. It is time.

Peace be with you.

No comments: