Friday, December 03, 2010

Highlight of the day

Yesterday I attended the sewing club's Christmas party. It was our club (morning and afternoon groups) and the Viking club. There were just a few from the morning club, and I was sitting next to someone I didn't know. She is a member of the Viking club.

I originally was going to attend the Passion Party that was given by my daughter's friend. Off this subject for a moment - her friends are tending to be somewhere between Daughter and me in age. Interesting. Anyway I was going to go to give N a little support when she had her first party. But then I changed my mind and went to the club party. I figured the Passion Party wasn't giving away door prizes, and even if it did ...

Part of the reason I went is that there are give-aways. I had hopes of winning something. I didn't win anything, but I had a great time because of my table mate. One of the give-aways was based on how many gifts/gift cards you brought for this military support group. You either brought a $10 toy or a $10 gift card. I had neither, so I was excluded from this give away. She had 7 (2 gifts and 5 cards), so I thought she would have a great chance. They only gave away ONE thing with this. She didn't win.

We had some games. We didn't win. They drew our memberships cards for two store gifts. We didn't win.

I didn't want to make a meat, vegetable or a dessert, so I bought decorated cupcakes from the grocery. I brought them all home. Great - just what I need. More temptation.

All in all, it was a great time because I met someone new who had a tremendous personality.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Susan Adcox said...

I would have certainly chosen to go to the Passion Party! But I'm glad that you had a good time at the party you attended and that you made a new friend.