Saturday, December 04, 2010

Here I sit with other things to do

I just can't seem to break the habit of sitting here at the computer every morning. I check my embroidery sites, read emails (from 4 sources), check Facebook, and then read blogs. Then sometimes I am inspired to write on the weekend - like today.

Tomorrow is the last craft show of the year. My embroidery machine is still in the shop - not unexpected. So that means I can do sewing projects to add to the merchandise, but that's it. So I am working on little lovies (you know, the things with different ribbons sticking out) that are in the shape of a cat. I had a program for embroidering one, but well...

Yesterday Lady Bug came to help. I had her cutting those blasted ribbons. That takes time. So she cut while I sewed. We completed 3 1/2 in an hour and a half. Not too shabby.

I want to go to one of the school's FFA craft show today. I think Daughter will go with me, and if not, I may not go. I really do not need to spend any more money this month!

I have been reading all you wonderful people who have decorated for Christmas. It makes me a little sad. All my stuff is still put away. I want to put up the tree this year, but I am worried about that cat who should be dipped in gold when he passes. I am afraid, and for good reason, the little critter will try to eat the thing. I surely don't need to pay for another exploratory surgery!

So I have wasted enough time. Simone is sitting here coughing because she has a bad case of reflux, so I am going to get her an antacid pill and sew more lovies!

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Cheyenne said...

I have not decorated yet for Christmas. We have 3 cats and as long as we do there won't be a live tree inside. I have a wall tree. It hugs the wall and is hung on the wall complete with lights and ornaments that I add as I wish. It's high enough that the cats cannot reach it. I do not want to wake up one morning and behold the sight of a fully decorated tree lying over on its side with smashed ornaments.
This gives me an excuse also to not have to decorate such a tree, or un-decorate it either. I win.

JuJu said...

We, too, had cat issues with our tree. So, now we hang it from our ceiling. No more broken ornaments or eaten limbs. We actually hang ours upside down. I know it's not for everyone, but it's just a suggestion!

xxx