Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh - hi there!

I have been running since last week, and haven't come by here. As usual, I am running because I procrastinate. So it is time to pay the piper.

We celebrated a birthday and a dedication last weekend. I don't think I moaned about the dedication. It is verse two to Son's family. Little Bitty was dedicated on Sunday. I am old school Lutheran. I make no bones about it. Never have, and this dedication thing goes all over me. I have gone through that before. Of course the "service" was still a rock concert - at least it was Christmas carols done to rock. Then the communion method really goes all over me. When the congregation was invited to come up and take the communion back to their seats (!!!), G leaned over to me and said something like "over my dead body." My problem is that it remained just wine (don't know) and bread (wafer?). As my previous pastor remarked there was no voodoo over it to sanctify it. (BTW - L was the greatest pastor we ever had, and he made the love and message from God more real than anyone I have ever been around before. He has had honest dealings with God, and he is still God's servant)

After the dedication, we went to the reception. Daughter was afraid DIL's brother would be there, so she nicely had their church program as an excuse not to go. The brother was overheard to remark how he hated all of us because we were such snobs and pretentious. Well, G and I were there with Lady Bug. The brother wasn't. And we had a great time with DIL"S extended family - at least I think we did!

Yesterday I slaved over the sewing machine. I felt like one of those third world people in a sweat shop laboring over a sewing machine. Well, not really, but I am making each child a machine embroidered gift tag for each of their presents. Little Bitty only has a gift card holder this year. DIL wants money so she can buy clothes for the spring and summer. Hey - ok, I'm there. Sounds really good. I hate doing things like that, but a three month old isn't going to be opening anything!

I will get a picture of these. I am proud of them. There will be three different designs - to fit the three gifts for each child - how about that!!

Back to Little Bitty - for her dedication, I made her a pink "lovie" with a really pretty cross, her monogram, and date plus seven little bibs from quilted material with various designs. I told Lady Bug that the eighth design had a lady bug, and I would never put a lady bug on anything for another little girl in the family.

I wish I could say it is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas, but it is not. Yesterday it was 81. Miserable. I know other parts of the country (and world) are having beastly weather, but for us it is not Christmas like. We have a little cold front move through, then heat again. Even if I set the thermostat on automatic, it is wrong. Too hot/too cold.

Yesterday afternoon I had PT again. The therapist grabbed me before I could leave the clinic post injection. It has been at least a month since I have had PT. She only put me through two processes, and I AM SORE!! Shows I need it. I just hate giving up that much time for PT right now. Ah -well just more moaning about things. I am so terrible.

I have rambled along way too long. Sorry if it is too much in places. This is called stream of consciousness I guess. But then - that's my life. Just a jumble of things

2 comments:

Judy said...

I get what you're saying about Communion. I like to take it at the altar ON MY KNEES because that is the way I always have. So many churches are doing away with that method--they want you to come up and file past--I still take it over to the side and kneel--so there!

yellowdoggranny said...

I have a sewing machine..new brothers and I have had it for 4 years and still don't know how to thread the bobbin..once I get someone to show me how to work it, I'm making aprons for everyone.