Sunday, June 15, 2008

In memory

Happy Father's Day, Daddy. I really still miss you. Even though your physical body left only 3 years ago, the real you left a few years before that. When something happens during the day, I still find myself thinking how I must share it with you. But you are not here. How I wish you were. I wish you were totally here - mentally and physically health. I know the last few years were ones of misery for you. I still have no idea how much of you was still present in those last years. But I do so miss you.

I know this is a hard Father's Day for G. It is the first without his dad. He is going about normal business, but I know it is in the back of his mind. He just doesn't openly dwell on missing his dad. \

To all you dads, I hope your day is great. To their families, make it great for him. You will not always have him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way when my mom died. Something great would happen to me, and my first thought was, I've got to call Mom and tell her.

I know we all lose our parents eventually, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. I have a new empathy for those who have lost a parent.

Thanks for the reminder to make every moment count.

Grandma K said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment.

We really need to appreciate those who are still with us and show them how much they mean to us.

You always know you will lose your parents, but when you do, there is a huge gap in your life!