Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Dinosaur = me

When I was still teaching, I was good at keeping up with technology. As I admitted the other day, I am falling further and further behind. Five years ago, I could work with technology very well. It is no longer the case.

Sunday we were given the New Testament on a CD. OK I can handle that. CD - easy. The format is MP3. Not good. Don’t have a device with the exception of this here ol’ computer. I think we are probably the only ones on the face of the earth without one.

We were given the CDs with the challenge to listen to the entire New Testament in forty days. G wanted to participate, but listen to the daily reading in the truck. As I said before - no device to do that! I keep thinking I could find a way to change the format and download it to a regular CD. If there is, it is a deep dark secret to me.

My digital camera program was user friendly, but it has taken on a demonic personality. I was trying to print a picture the other day. I have always had to transfer the files from the program into My Documents. I keep trying to do that, but I then can’t find them. It took me over an hour to print one 4x6 picture the other day.

Yesterday, I was happily reading my book marked favorite blogs. Something happened - like happened sometime last year. My favorite list disappeared below a certain point. I can’t find it - anywhere. Fortunately I made a paper copy of most of the list, but there were a bunch of sites that I would gleefully mark as a favorite. Did I add them to the paper back up. Of course not!

I was able to restore most, if not all, of the blogs, but there were sites for finding beading supplies and the like that are completely gone.

Today I will attempt to get a picture from the new DVD player/recorder and VCR combination. I wanted both the DVD and the VCR to receive signals and be able to record. I MAY have done that, but I am not getting the picture from the unit. I don’t know what I did wrong.

With all of the above, you would never believe that I was the one people would come to get to get their electronics up and running. Boy, things are changing so fast, and I’m left in a could of dust.

Oh, is that my new cell phone ringing? Perhaps I can figure out how to answer it. Just don’t expect me to take your picture with it. The memory is full of pictures of my confused face!

No comments: