Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Incredible!

The news last night showed a 15 passenger van carrying old people that had been rear ended by a cement truck. The driver of the truck was so visibly upset. Then this morning it came out the van had a blow out. This resulted in, as of now, four deaths. So what's so incredible about this. Sad for sure by why would I think it was incredible?

This is incredible because a few hours earlier, I could have died because of a blow out. We had been gone to Little Bitty Hill Country Town for 10 days. Since we are out on dirt (read ROCK) roads, we usually take the 4x4 monster truck. We were going to visit surrounding areas, and 14 miles per gallon just doesn't do the trick. We decided to take my 4 door Wannabe Sports Car. The tales about the car and the rock roads are another story.

We were returning home yesterday. I was following the monster truck when I saw a car crossing the center stripe heading for me. All I saw was this car coming straight for me with door moldings flapping, but I could tell the driver actually was trying to keep to the right. As we passed, I saw him careen across the road to the shoulder on my side. About that time I passed a tire that was shredded. I thought he must have hit it and damaged his vehicle. I was so shaken. I really came so close to being hit head on.

About 45 minutes later we stopped for lunch. I was still very shaken. My husband was passing this vehicle when he heard the tire on that vehicle explode (which is something because his radio is usually at maximum volume when I'm not with him). He said that rubber went everywhere. His thought was that I would be hit by that vehicle. Our common thought was that other driver was really gifted. He was running at seventy on a tire rim.

I guess God was my passenger yesterday. I just wish he could have been with those old folks in the van. But more than anything I pray He was with that driver that spared me.

No comments: