Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Here we go again!

I can't believe there is ANOTHER hurricane out there. It's so late in the year. We certainly have had an unusual year for the storms this year. This one is going to give a good blow.

When I was small, I remember all the hurricanes seemed to be more in the Atlantic. I knew water wasn't that far away from us, but the storms hit the East Coast. Then they began coming into the Gulf. There were some very serious ones too. Then the numbers dropped off. I never thought about it again until we moved closer to the Gulf.

The scientists seem to uphold my early belief that they come in cycles. I believe this cycle is going to continue for a while. Perhaps it will be a good thing to move away from here. If K must move for the promotion in her job (and that sucks big time!), we very well may move to the hill country. We have a house up there, and that may become an option.

No comments: