Monday, August 20, 2012

This and that - or - weekend update, again

Last night was family dinner again.  We went to son's house.  His eldest was in rare form there too.  His first thing was that he didn't want to eat.    I believe he thought he could get the other kids into refusing to eat to play.  That didn't work, DIL has a "talk" with him, and he came to eat.

Later while the adults were eating (which happens at all of our houses - at Daughter's and here - the dining room isn't big enough for 12, and it is too separate for watching the little ones, and Son's house the dining room is a play room for the three little ones), W was in the play room -- throwing toys or hitting the cousins.

Son told me that W was wanting to pet the animals (2 cats and a little Yorkie - all old), but before he does that he yells at them and pelts them with toys or whatever. He tries to do that to my Simone, and I will not allow that.  Of course it means that she is secluded in the bedroom and feels like she is punished - she LOVES the children.  But I will not allow him to hurt her.

I don't know what his problem, unless it's his maternal grandfather and step grandmother who let him completely run wild.  But he has a real problem.  The previous night, Son had to wrestle him down to put his pj's on him.  It was a battle through the entire pre-bed time.

Anyway, we all survived that.

__________________________________________________________

Lady Bug is a woman now.  It happened on Friday, and she really didn't know exactly what to do.  WHen Daughter asked her about what to do, she told her  "I've been through THAT class."  Apparently she didn't pay close attention.  She really didn't know what happened or what to do.

But that's just another thing that makes Grandma feel really old.  I thought just going to middle school next week was a blow - now I really do feel old.

_________________________________________________________

I wish I could be more like my friend Kat.  She only sees the good in things - people, situations.  Her house was one that flooded in the rains we had last month. She took it like a trooper.  It has happened before. In fact, so many times that she doesn't even have flood insurance because it has flooded so many times.  Her husband said that before some of the businesses were build around there, they never flooded, but now they get the water.  That seems to be so true of all places that are closer in to the "big city."  Like other places, growth is out.  When all the flat land is covered in cement - roads, parking lots, slabs for foundations, the water flows in its normal course to the Gulf, but there is too much and the normal flow paths are blocked - so the "downstream" houses that had never flooded get it.

Anyway, I wish I could be more like her.  There is a volunteer orientation meeting tonight for those who want to volunteer to help with the organization for which we held the shower.  This group put out a request for a volunteer coordinator.  One of the not-yet-members of our church piped up on the Facebook page - she wants to be that coordinator.

Now - this is where I am petty.  She COULD have helped us/them with the shower.  Did she?  That's a big no.  I have the feeling she won't follow through on this commitment either.

When the congregation had the "Workship" where we rolled those 2000 diapers for the diaper cakes, her remarked she would like to help put the cakes together.  She. Didn't. Show.  So I just wonder how she will do.

I am going to see if I can help the girls figure out just how they got in this predicament and to prevent another pregnancy.  Their stats show that a good percentage of those girls do get pregnant again quickly.  It would bu wonderful to help them prevent that.


So I guess I need to go do some penance for my feelings here.


peace

2 comments:

JuJu said...

That's what this blog thing is all about, a space where we can share our feelings, pretty or ugly. We feel what we feel, and nothing makes it right or wrong. It just is what it is.

At least you didn't have to host dinner this week???

yellowdoggranny said...

this is your blog ..your supposed to say what every you want to here..