Friday, October 14, 2011

Today is the day

Well - Simone and Angelica will finally attend the "meet and greet" today during the cocktail hour.  We will see what happens.  They have slept side by side in their crates for two nights now.  Angelica has had her crate in the den when we are up so she has been pretty much a part of family life albeit as an observer.  The cat - well, I don't know how that is going to go.  I really suspect it will not be pretty.  I wish at this point he still had his front claws (I know- brutal surgery and all, but I wouldn't have any furniture - or hands left for that matter).  He could teach her that cats are nothing to fool with.

I am praying that they get along famously.  Otherwise I really do not know what I am going to do Tuesday for the six hour trip to the SSB.  G asked me last night just what my famous plans for that trip are.  Well, don't know.  The back seat of an F150 - even crew cab - is small.  I didn't realize until we took the first trip in it. We were so used to the troop carrier (the old F250).

At least I got Daughter interested in the Boxer Rescue group.  She is contemplating fostering also.  She may have to foster this one.

Just very, very nervous, and I have to get over that immediately.  They will be able to tell if I can't act calm, assertive, and sure of the event.  We will see.  Oh, how I wish I could see a segment of Dog Whisperer that covered this again.

Peace.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

So, how did it go???

yellowdoggranny said...

don't be anxious..they can sense it and will react to it..be cool.