Sunday, October 09, 2011

Pictures - yes finally!

This is the table my dad built.  Those are my new chairs.  They are WONDERFUL!!!

This is a little closer view of the table.  It could stand having the top refinished, but I will let my heirs do that.  I will just think of it as "character."

Difficult to see, but this is the burn that my brainy step-mother put  on the table.  Daddy tried to finish it out, but as you can see - it didn't work well.  Just adds to the marred finish.  Oh, well.
This is a picture of my favorite cow - destroying the little deer feeder.  If you look closely - there is NO grass.  I will post before pictures later




Again a view of NO grass.  That is purely red dirt.  Red dirt that is turning to dust that is invading like crazy.

This is one of our old chairs from the dining room.  Uncomfortable as can be, and will tip over  in a blink of the eye.
So there you have a thumb nail trip to the SSB.  We have had some rain - I hope yesterday and today.  I haven't heard from friends, neighbors, and relatives (pretty much the same thing out there) about if and how much yet.  Just hoping and praying.  We need some so desperately.  This drought is predicted to last maybe until 2020.  Egad.

Peace.

5 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Funny...I have two of those ladder-backs and mine will tip over, too! Your new ones look much more comfy.

JuJu said...

Oh, thank you for these pix! And, I can tell that the table was built with love. I bet you enjoy having the family sit around it!
And, what is the green piece of furniture in the background? I am intrigued!!

I wish I could send grass to you!

Jeanette said...

Nice table your dad built. I would love to restore it!

yellowdoggranny said...

oh i'd love to get at that table..i love refurnishing furniture..

Judy said...

What a wonderful table--and made even more wonderful because Daddy built it! Your house is so clean and shiny!!!