Friday, July 16, 2010

Wait - it ain't fixed

I tried to post to another blog. I was on Firefox and it suddenly stopped working. I couldn't comment, I couldn't even go to any other web site. All I could do was go to my home page. Hmmm.

If you got two posts from me, I'm sorry. I went to the new Google Chrome, and I am not used to it. When I went to that Blogspot post, I was getting an error message that I couldn't really read so I tried again. It was then that the comment would be approved before it was posted. Stupid, stupid. At least that's how I am sure I looked.

So I have decided that I am tired of fighting Firefox, and Explorer seems to run really slow. But in the mean time, I am learning this new browser, and I am probably going to make mistakes - a lot of them. For this I truly apologize ahead of time to those of you who read and I occasionally make comments. I haven't had a stoke and lost my ability to function properly.

Peace be with you.

4 comments:

angela said...

It took me a while to get used to Chrome, but now I much prefer it. Seems like I can open more tabs without overloading my computer.

I don't know about you but if I don't ask for approval of comments I get major spam. The print that has to be done sometimes catches me though. And I've gotten an error message sometimes when I try to comment too--it's annoying, especially when I've written a lot...

Marti said...

I've got a lot of friends who use Chrome, and now that Firefox is more common, it doesn't seem as safe from threats as it used to. I'll let you work out all the bugs before I put my toe in the water there. ;)

Marti said...

I just came back to leave a few more thoughts because I don't have answers. Today, every time I click on a blog from my blog roll, it opens in a new window as usual. BUT, when I click the x in the tool bar to close it, it closes MY blog instead. I don't know if Firefox changed something or google.

Susan Adcox said...

On Wordless Wednesday, I always visit all of the other About.com sites that participate. The other day I spent a good hour posting comments only to discover that none of my comments showed up! Support had no answers, and it was a frustrating experience. I was afraid if I went back and reposted, the original comments would show up, and then I'd look like an idiot. Computers! They are like our husbands. We must love them or we would have ditched them long ago!