Friday, July 02, 2010

Ah, today's complaint

There are just so many topics to choose from today! Today, we are really getting the "dirty" side of Alex. He was a big little blow, covering most of the Gulf. There are some areas that have really gotten slammed with the rain. It is the usual story around here. We need the rain - desperately, but we get it
all at one time. Oh, well. I can see that the millions of dollars spend around here for flood control worked. Thank God!

I could go into the subject of complaining about my daughter, but that is beating a dead horse. It also is one that I cannot change. She is going to be a procrastinator, and I just have to live with that. Lesson 1 with her - don't depend on her to do something - if you are her mother.

So I guess I will come to the subject that I have tried to change, and it doesn't seem to work. That is the computer/browser. The browser I prefer to use is Firefox. It has worked seamlessly for me for years. But all the sudden it seems my computer and Firefox don't seem to like one another much. If there is another file open, Firefox just won't play. I can sit for hours, and it will not go fetch on the internet.

I have Explorer (like who doesn't?), and I will turn to it in desperation. All my bookmarks are in Firefox, and it won't share. The more I write, the more Firefox sounds like a petulant child! For some reason Explorer runs s l o w. But it will open if there are other files open on the desk top.

I thought when I put McAfee back on the computer, that would cure my ills. Surely didn't.

Another little snit time with the browser is when I try to comment on some posts. You would think I had asked this computer to put together a program for me to break into the Mint. It hangs up - really good, and I have to re-boot.

If you haven't heard from me, that is why.

The cure as I see it - take little Gertie here to the computer physicians. They will put her in the hospital for a few days (weeks) rest, until they can run the diagnostics to find that nasty virus or whatever. I really hate to do that, but I just don't see another way. Old clumsy, slow Dell, here I come - later.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

flying eagle woman said...

"lesson 1 don't depend on her to do something if you are her mother"

OMG this resonates deeply...i hope Gertie gets better, I would MISS YOU even tho I haven't had time to stop and talk I try to at least take a PEEK when I can!
Hugs to you and prayers for your wellbeing!
Shawna

Judy said...

I think McAfee is incompatible with FireFox or is it that FireFox is incompatible. I know years ago I had problems with both of them so I just use Explorer and Outlook Express and AVG for my anti-virus and never have any problems. Have a good weekend.