Saturday, December 18, 2010

Time passes so fast

Happy Birthday Daughter. You turn 37 today. My, where has the time flown? It seems like yesterday that you were born, and here you are with three children! You should be just a child yourself.

Every night before I turn out the light, I look at a picture that is a collage of you and your brother that I put together for your wedding. I know it sounds strange since usually something like that is made for the new bride and groom.

This collage was made because, as many of you know, Son has a band, and is a song-writer. He wrote a song that was dedicated to the new groom. It was to take as good of care of her as she did him. So I put together pictures of them from early childhood through the teen years.

Theirs was an unusual relationship - especially during the high school years. Daughter was a junior when her little brother came to the school. At that time, she included him in the group activities. That may have been because it was far easier. The group activities were here. I never knew when I got up on Saturday morning who I would find sacked out on the floor of my den. There would be kiddos from freshmen to seniors there. That was great with me. I knew where they were instead of worrying.

So every night I look at those pictures and morn the time that has passed. It happened so quickly. Now they are grown with families of their own. They are making memories like I did. But it went by so quickly. I hope they grasp that same thought - time passes so quickly. Grasp those precious times with your children.

Happy Birthday my wonderful daughter.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I hate how the time flies--and our children probably haven't realized that as yet. Every year, as I age, the months seem to fly by even faster.

Susan Adcox said...

My youngest child turned 37 this year. Yes, time does fly!