Friday, May 29, 2009

Swim meet

Tomorrow is the third swim meet of the season. Lady Bug has great confidence in her ability. She is trying to beat all the boys at practice, and takes the whole thing very seriously. Having such confidence is good, but I'm always afraid she might have it shaken if she doesn't do well sometime.

She is a competitor. She is sort of like the race horse that doesn't want to have another horse in the competition. When one of the other swimmers gets close, she pours on the coal.

Last week, Daughter kept telling her I was her good luck charm. I'm not sure that was a good idea because she immediately began asking, no begging, me to come to all her meets. I enjoyed it a lot, but every Saturday?? I don't know if I can keep that up.

Would I do anything in the world for her. You bet - in a heart beat. Guess where I will most likely be tomorrow!

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I had much the same thing happen with Grandson's baseball games. Mom told him I was his good luck charm (thanks a whole lot, daughter) ...so I HAD to go to all his games, no matter how far away from home they were. ARRGGHH--we gotta do what we gotta do!