Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day four and counting

The guys left last night at 7PM. I had hopes that they were fnished. Nope. Most of the duct work is not connected. They said that it is really tight getting to the duct work. I am well aware of that. It had been pushed aside since we took in the attic. But the salesman is the one who drew up the plans - talk to him. Yep, I'm getting a little bitter right about now.

They had the downstairs unit running when they left. But, as the night before, it quit. It turned red and said there were too many amps to the compressor. So that means the little unit upstairs is still trying to cool this entire house. It was meant for about 1200 square feet. We have more than that. I can see it will fail before too much longer.

They said they would "probably" be back this morning. Well morning is about gone, as it is 11:29 AM Swampland time. I called them at 10:30. They were going to call back. Tick, tick, tick . . .

My mood right now is not a pleasant one. I have finally started my washing. That is another heat source in the house. I need to go to the store since we are/were going to the SSB tomorrow morning. But here I sit - waiting.

I wish I could find some humor in this mess. It escapes me. My house is hot, my duct work is missing, the fancy-dancy compressor won't, and the little one is probably going to roll over and die. Oh, by the way, when I checked it's thermostat last night, it was set on 40!!!! The heat wave continues, and the blasted weather people keep saying - just a couple of more days and then a front which will significantly cool things off. I think I need to turn the news off!

Oh well - such are the joys of living in Swampland and deciding to be proactive and replace an old unit before it quits in August.

Peace.

No comments: