Thursday, May 28, 2009

Effects of changing weather

We had a front move through here yesterday. As expected the joints announced its proximity the day before. They are still screaming.

Just about the time I think those joints are settling down, something happens that makes me realize they are still there and still talk to me.

This is one of those times. They are waking me in the middle of the night. They scream when I go upstairs to work, but it's the coming down that really hurts. If I could get down on my butt, I think I might try to come down that way. Getting to my butt would probably mean I would go down the stairs head first.

My half hearted attempt to get rid of this excess weight have been just that. I haven't been successful. I tried the dietitian's method. I gained weight. So I think I may have to go back to carb limiting. My body latches on to carbs like there's no tomorrow.

I guess I could stop the Fem*ra. That would do it! The little c would return. That would be a way to lose weight. I saw Son's best friend's mother Monday. She also had breast cancer. After she completed her five year run of the other drug, her cancer came back. I heard she was at death's door. Apparently she really isn't - but she looks really old. She is thin though!

Perhaps we are in for a nice long string for good weather. Perhaps the joints will settle down again. Perhaps I just should make an appointment with the ortho doc.

Peace.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I hate all the "perhaps"--do not give up the drug--we don't want the "bad thing" to come back. I have no trouble coming down the stairs, it is the going up that hurts my hip.