Sunday, May 24, 2009

Sunday Potpourri

It is unusual that I am posting on Sunday, but here I am all alone - at least right now.

G and the guys are at the SSB. They have unloaded the large table my dad made years and years ago that was at the lake. Daughter got a picture from Son in Law's phone. She said it looks good. It makes sense to have that table there. It will seat 8, and when everyone is there, we need something that large. In a few years, we will still need a kid's table though. Right now there are 4 grandchildren, but I know that number will increase. Plus, our house is usually the gathering place if the extended family gets together - but that seems to be happening less and less since Father in law's death.

G just called and said they will be bringing the "large chest" back here. I gave exact directions that if it was damaged too badly by the vandals, leave it. Well . . . It looks like it is. It is not where I wanted it. The other one is not where I wanted it. Men!! Well I can change it June 19 weekend. I need to paint those chests that are there. They don't go with the colors in the house - at all. One of the chests is an antique cedar chest that is painted "cheokee red" which is in fact a dark pink/rose. Does. Not. Fit. In.

Enough of all that. Lady Bug had been promised Build A B*ar today, but since I said that I don't think I could walk that much we are going to a thrift shop that has great new (from model homes) furniture, lunch and a movie. Of course, BAB is on tap for tomorrow.

At least I will be getting out of the house. I have lots to do here. I need to complete the inner and outer purse that I am doing. I want to have that for the July craft show along with other outer purses. I will post pictures when I have finished. I also want to make baby and toddler hats. They are supposed to sell like hotcakes. The only problem with these projects is it still takes time to embroidery them.

Happy Sunday.

Peace

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am so glad you got your Dad's table--what wonderful memories you have of it, I'll bet. Have fun at BAB