Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Stupid, stupid, stupid

I guess I am the epitome of a hard headed German!  Knowing what the CPAP machine did to me night before last, I used it again last night.  Yesterday I was pretty miserable.  G gave me some A**egra to take.  It had an effect almost immediately, though I sniffled and sneezed all day.  Forget tissues - I was using super absorbent paper towels -a lot of them.

So last night I slept with that thing again.  Today I am getting no relief.  That is bad because we are set to lunch with G's last aunts.  I look like Rudolph.  My cheeks are chapped from the tissues and towels.  I have not had allergies this bad in years.  Every little odor sets me off - badly.

So we will see.  All this makes me pray all the harder for rain.  I think it would help -even thought probably not cure anything.  G suggested I have a cold.  I wish.  It would be gone tomorrow.  This feels terminal.

Now back to getting this weight off - again.  That made the CPAP use not needed the last time I lost it.  I really do hate that machine too.  It has head gear reminiscent of the head gear for braces.  Only the little piece fitting over the nose blasts you with air.  Sometimes I feel like I am drowning in all the air.

Well - do visit with the aunts, we have to (gasp) go into town.  They live within the loop.  We never go there. When G asked when to leave, he followed up with "it's either going to take us 30 minutes - or two hours."  How true.

Peace.

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I too have sleep apnea and need to use that machine, but refuse to..ick

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I use a CPAP...and it has changed my life. No, seriously, it has! I use nasal prongs, and only use the strap that holds the two tubes over the ears at the back of the head. It comes with tons of straps and elastic and such, but I ditch it all and use just the one band. I look a sight...but I sleep all night! My doctor says it's usually a case of total love or total hate with them, though! Good luck adjusting!

Judy said...

I am assuming you washed out all the tubes and nose apparatus on the CPAP before you used it again. Doc told Fred he has to clean his once a week or it can cause an allergy reaction and/or lung infection. Fred uses a newer BiPAP--with nose pillows. It does have a head strap, but not that big honking thingie that goes over the nose and mouth--just little nose pillows that set a bit inside the nostrils and the air comes from. So quiet--I never hear it and he doesn't snore anymore and feels just great in the morning.