Thursday, September 01, 2011

Busy day

We ventured into the Big City yesterday.  We went to Aunt W's house first.  Actually it is a condo in a verrrry nice part of town.  The people who had it  before they bought it, bought two condos and made it into one large (2700 square feet) unit.  I absolutely love it.  My big drawback is "no animals."  I do love my animals too much.  I have always had pets.  I probably always will (hence biology major me!).

They are trying to sell the place so they can move to Dallas where Aunt B's children are.  I personally do not thing it is a good move - and I will talk about that more later.  W says she thinks it isn't selling because the HOA fee is $1300 a month.  I nearly fainted when I heard that, but that includes ALL utilities.  And if there are repairs...

Aunt B is in a rehab hospital right now.  She had been there about 3 weeks, and isn't expected to be released until Oct 1.  She fell 3 times in one day.  It was finally discovered she had been having TIAs.  These used to be called  mini-strokes.  The place they were going in Dallas requires she be completely independent.  No wheel chairs or walkers allowed in the dining room.  I don't know how they can require that of old folks who would be living there!!

So B's daughter is saying she will put her mom in assisted living and W can have a room there somewhere, and they can see each other.  They planned to live in the condo until one of them died, and then decide.  Don't think this will be a good move for W at all!

We then took Daughter's 35mm SLR to a camera shop to be repaired.  I figured paying for repair wasn't a bad deal when she said she had bought another camera.  The shop advertises repair on line.  When we walked in, the guy rudely told us they don't repair.  Well - he lost a customer with me.  There are a lot of people who sell cameras!  It wouldn't be there.

But they did give us the address of repair places.  It was 3:30 - in busy Big City, but we went to one of the places.  He couldn't do it, but suggested we contact the manufacturer, and send it off.  So we will try that.

We made it home without too much traffic.  We both were dreading the trip though.  Felt like a real country bumpkin too!

Peace.

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Why must people be rude? It drives me crazy.

what a busy day. Did it wipe you out? Did you get good sleep finally?