Saturday, August 13, 2011

Experiment

Today I am going to try something.  It actually has me a bit nervous, but perhaps I won't fall asleep anytime I get too still.


G has been telling me (well once) that he doesn't think the Pain Clinic is doing any good, and he feels I am over medicated.  That well could be since I really don't know the exact count of medications I am taking unless I look at the bottles or read my list that I carry for doctors' appointments.


When I told him I was going to do this his response was "well, you moan and groan when you move anyway, what could it hurt?"  Point well taken.  So we'll see what happens today.


I have really hit a wall after running ragged with LB.  I need to cut out her dress so I can get it made before we head off to the SSB on Tuesday.  I thought I would get it done last night, but alas, the fabric is still sitting in a chair.  At least I got the pattern pieces separated.


And that thought brings on another rant.  Those of you who sew and use a pattern.  Does it bother you that the companies cram 10 sizes of four "looks"  into one envelope so that you have to open all the six by six foot pages of the most delicate of tissue paper to find all the pieces you need?  Then the trick is getting them back into the same envelope?  It makes me think of the phrase "putting toothpaste back into the tube.


So I have ranted enough for one day.  I really have to get moving before noon.  I am sitting here in my pjs ; I have read all my blogs and then some new ones.  It is just difficult to get the motivation to do much of anything.  I DO love a peaceful Saturday!


Peace.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

I hope your experiment works! You definitely could be over medicated. Sometimes you have to stop all medications and start fresh to see what's working and what's not! Good luck!

JuJu said...

I have never sewn, other than to get my badge in girl scouts, but I totally respect anyone who has the patience to do so. And, mostly because of those awful patterns!!

I fully support anything you do to make you feel better. If that means trying something new, than go for it!!

Judy said...

I am anxious to see if your experiment works.

Marti said...

What is your experiment, cutting out your meds?

I totally agree on the patterns, although when the kids were little and funds were limited, I would trace off all the sizes onto tissue paper before cutting out the one I wanted. That way, I had sizes for both girls without having to buy 2 patterns. I usually just put them in a zip lock bag when I was done because I never could get them back in the package.

Susan Adcox said...

Good luck with your experiment! We do have to take charge of our health because the medical experts can't seem to agree on anything. The only way to find what works for us is to try it.