Friday, August 12, 2011

Tired, tired, tired

I have been 10 year old Lady Bug's play toy for the past three days.  Only three??  It seems like six months.  Please let me explain.  I adore each and every moment I spend with her.  She is such an amazing girl.  But she is active.  She wants to help - and she wants to craft with me.  So guess where we have been spending our time.  Yep - in the craft room.


This morning when we were up there, I was shaving the embroidery machine stitch the shell for the Baptismal blankets.  I was going to make her a bandanna blouse which is the exact same thing as the dress for the little girls. As both machines were purring along, she sat up from what she was doing and said "it is just like a craft room here."  No kidding!!  I guess she just thought it was a messy bedroom without a bed - I don't know.


Spending time up there means I can't fall asleep on the couch or some place like that.  I do like my naps, though I would vociferously deny such a thing.  But I am beat this afternoon.  We had pedicures scheduled for G, me, LB, and Daughter.  When I got home from that, I should have cut out a dress for her.  I was just too beet.  Then the little towns papers arrived.  There is a kin in the one that I don't have in my list, and I cannot find her ancestors.


We seem to have such fun when we are together.  I know my days are numbered.  Soon, far too soon, she will be a teen.  Then she probably won't want to spend time with me crafting.  So I do cherish each and every minute.


NEWS FLASH - There was just something falling from the skies here.  It is something I vaguely remember.  It is wet, but almost disappears as soon as it hits our dry, fissured ground.  It was cooling while it fell.  Now it has stopped, and there is steam coming off the ground.  When I looked this stuff up, it was called rain.  Well, my gosh - we actually had rain.  Probably a scarce .01 inch, but it was rain.


Here's hoping you get some of this wonderful stuff if you need it, and here's to praying that this heat will stop - soon.


Peace be with you.

5 comments:

JuJu said...

I used to (and still do) love spending time with my grandma. It made me tear up when I read the part about the teen years. Why must teens think they are so cool?

We had rain today. We had flash floods! I came home from work and our bedroom was flooded. huh? Can water come up through the ground like that?

Get some rest!!

Cheyenne said...

We are getting more rain on Sunday and I am hoping it cruises through Watkins Glen NY after the race is over. That part of NY sits right above PA.
I will do a rain dance for you if it would help but it looks like your part of the country is taking a nose dive worse than the stock market recently.
But I will try really, really hard.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

My 11 soon to be 12 year old grand has moved away after living just down the street from me all her life! I know what you mean about the energy level; not something we can match. The days are glorious, though, when they are around!

JuJu said...

You are too kind. Thanks for your nice words! Luckily, the water was confined to two bedrooms,and sparse areas. It was very odd. I'm starting to think something else weird happened. (broken pipe or such?) I will keep you posted as I investigate.
Now, get back to napping! xxx

yellowdoggranny said...

it is supposed to have sprinkled this morning..not here..they lie