Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy, Happy Day!!

WE HAD RAIN LAST NIGHT!  Sorry to shout, but you cannot imagine the celebrating going on around these parts.  It has been so dry and hot.  With Irene on her path, we are looking for high temperatures this weekend as she pulls out our remaining moisture.  But it actually rained again.  It may not for another really long time.  That's what the meteorologists say.  And we will be under the same high next summer too.  Ugh!

I am gradually re-integrating back into big city life.  I really needed to go to the grocery store yesterday, but Doodle Bug (the youngest in daughter's family) caught the bug that was going around the neighborhood while we were gone.  I went over to sit with her for a while, so that dashed all my plans for yesterday because two hours stretched into four.  Oh well.  I am so glad I can do it for them.  I know how hard it was without family here.  Glad I am here.

Today we went to lunch with Daughter.  Then to the grocery.  That is really the time to go.  I haven't felt well myself for a while (2 weeks).  I had a small lunch - in fact I didn't feel full when we left.  That soon changed, and by the time we reached the store the thought of food was rather sickening.  Oh and by the way, as of yesterday morning, I have lost 22 pounds this summer - most in the last 45 days.  For some of you lucky ducks, that would make you a skeleton, but, believe me, there is still way enough to keep that from happening to me!

I am getting ready to head up to begin sewing dresses for the two girls.  I was able to complete cutting them out yesterday.  That was a relief.  Now to the machines.  I have to do the final stitch out of the shell design for the baptismal blankets.  Pastor sent me an email last night.  We have a baptism Sunday, but I don't have to have it done - just the final approval.  So here I go to slave over the hot machines!!

Our prayers around here and across the state are for more rain.  Our property up there is so sad.  It is a sea of yellow.  It has happened before, and will again, but we dearly need rain.  Wells are drying up.  Ranchers are selling off.  Sad.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Are you TRYING to lose this weight, or is it just happening? Meaning, is this a healthy weight loss for you, my friend?

Droughts always make me think of, "The Thorn Birds." Did you read that?

Again, I love that you make the christening blankets. It reminds me of my children's baptisms when total strangers made their hankies. I was so touched. (and still am)