Friday, February 03, 2012

Systems check

Eyes - pretty clear and dry
Nose - mostly clear, occasional stuffiness
Sinuses - not much of a headache

All in all - things are looking up.  While I have taken to the antihistamine WITH decongestant along with the nasal spray that does four things including shrinking swollen nasal passages, G has just suffered - for two weeks.  He thinks he has a cold.  I don't think so, Skippy!

With the heat we have been having, I think it is probably mold.  Most of the pollen counts are fairly low.  Trees either haven't begun to bloom or were so stressed by the drought last summer there isn't really tree pollen.  Grasses, surprisingly, haven't begun to grow vigorously, thus no blooming.  So that leaves the dreaded mold whose spore count is always high.  Even during the summer last year, the mold counts were high. Go figure.

Super Bowl Sunday is upon us.  G and I decided that Family Dinner would be cancelled.  Usually the kids have other things to do.  And not to disappoint,  Son and DIL have plans - with her mother.  Ah well, "a son is a son ..."  I really didn't expect to see them anyway.  I really thought they would be with some of their "friends" that are rather questionable anyway.  But I guess it is all the family from her mother.  We may go to Daughter's if they don't invite the world.  She said no,  but that can change.

I really could/would/should just stay home Sunday.  I care nothing about the Super Bowl.  I used to watch pro football, but it has lost its luster for me.  When I see those guys "playing a game" for all that money, it makes me ill.  This carries over to all pro sports though.  I used to be a real basketball fan.  Not any more.  You have to have a money tree to go to the games, and then for the players and owners to have a lock-out.  That was the final straw.

If you took just one salary of a pro player, you could probably hire at least three teachers for a year.  With the higher paid ones, you could run an entire small school district.  Shameful.

OK - I try not to get on soap boxes like that, but I have just one more thing while I am b*tchin' about money and salaries and the like.  When I look at the money spent on elections, I get livid.  There is no excuse for that kind of spending.  Not to become a public servant - oh, forgot.  They don't serve us.  They are also professionals.  Hummmm, is there a link there?

Anyway, our plans for the weekend aren't big.  I plan to lock myself in upstairs and sew.  And get pictures to post here and other places.  We made really cute little heart candy holders that we embroidered and then they are to be woven together.  Got the embroidery and cut them out - not sure about getting it woven.  Wasn't going well before I left, so I just threw it in the machine trolley and scatted.

Hope you have a great weekend.  But then I believe most weekends are good.  Mine aren't as good as when I was working, but then I have a week of weekend days.  Too bad it took me so long to get to that point.

Peace.

5 comments:

Marti said...

I totally agree with you about those salaries. Our country is so out of whack that we put sports above everything else, and teachers are just about the lowest paid profession out there. And don't even get me started on how the teacher's hands are tied so they have almost no control in their own classrooms.

Jeanette said...

I'm glad you're feeling better now. Allergies can be such a b****! I suffer from sinus allergies and had a rough week too. But our weather has been unseasonably warm so I'm not complaining!

JuJu said...

I'm with you 100% on the money issue. It's ridiculous. It especially annoys me to see all the money spent campaigning. Isn't there another way?

I'd like to have some chili tomorrow, sit on the couch and watch a whole bunch of crime shows. :-)

Enjoy your weekend AND your week days!!

Cheyenne said...

I totally agree with you on all that money that is thrown around when it could be put to good use...like feeding all the hungry children etc.

But I still love the game of football (hate basketball) and will continue to watch it.

Next up: NASCAR's a comin'.

Jenn Jilks said...

You poor thing! Hope all is well soon.Hard to deal with the dog. You take care!

Cheers from Cottage Country!