Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Back

Yep, that's about all I can say about that.  While we were in the land of nothing, I ran out of antihistamines.  We went into bigger town on Wednesday for groceries, and I forgot about those little life savers.  I spend a couple of days thinking I would go into tiny town to get some.  I just didn't want to do all that driving - so I figured I would just stretch the remaining pills out.  They were the 4-6 hour kind to begin with.

G had taken ill with a "cold" last week before we left.  I am wondering if it were really a cold, but I digress.  I began taking two of my little antihistamines twice a day then and felt great.  I kept cutting the number down.  First it was one twice a day, then it was one a day.  Finally it was none a day.

On Sunday my throat was raw - again.  Like it was before I started on the antis.  I was out of luck.  By the time we left on Tuesday, I was sneezing my head off, nose running like a faucet, and eyes were so watery I couldn't see.  I felt horrible.  Won't use any analogies here!

During the time away, it became evident that Simone was having urinary problems.  Before I thought she was just a slobbery Boxer.  Nope - she was leaking urine to make a long story short.  We made an appointment for her at 5:30 on Tuesday to be sure there was no infection.  Nope - just old female dog.  So she is on meds for the remainder of her life, but that's ok.  Much better than dog urine - on everything.

I am back on the antis.  Not the good kind - the 24 hour ones. They don't work well.  My wonderful nasal spray has expired - like in 2005.  I hope it doesn't kill me.  It gets me through the night.

I am sure this post makes very little sense.  I feel terrible.  I still have a runny nose (when it is not completely stopped up) and watery eyes.  This is not a pretty picture around here.  My nose is lighting the way in the dark.

Missed you guys.  Read your posts - just didn't comment.  I have spent about 8 hours total trying to get caught up with computer stuff.  That surely means too much time on the computer when I am home.  All that time, and I still deleted over 200 emails from  yahoo.  This is really a sad situation.

I will try to be back and better tomorrow.  I have sewing club in the AM, and G goes to play 42 in the PM. That means I will have some unbroken time then.  If the brain is functioning better!!

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

I hope you feel better you snotty nosed runny eyed thing! We missed you!!

Cheyenne said...

Glad you're back and hope you're better soon.

Yahoo mail is my secondary and it sure is amazing how much crap gets sent to that one. I check it every couple of weeks and can't believe it. Of course, it's the one tied to my Facebook so that doesn't help.

Judy said...

I had that nasal thingie for 3 weeks--then it went to a cough for another 5 weeks. Everytime I thought I was getting better and stopped the antis--it all started back in again. It can be a very long lasting thingie.