Sunday, February 26, 2012

Interesting

When I walked into church today, the pastor said he needed to talk to me.  Oh, really????  He said perhaps this isn't the place, but we talked anyway.


He asked if Daughter has said anything to me.  When I asked her later, she said she had  not talked to him, but anyway.  He asked how I was feeling about the women's group.  


I told him that I thought things were going along just great.  I wanted to add that we didn't need a baby sitter, and we seemed to be developing our vision for the group - without the Ministry Team directing us.  But I assured him that things were great.


He is so very worried that we will leave the church.  I know that's a big part of his concern.  I do just wonder who said what.  Or if his sister said something about my "co-conspirator" in getting this started.  


He commented that he was worried that I didn't feel supported with the group, and there are some strong women in that group .  Hello - I happen to be one of those women!  But I know he was referring to Sharon and her daughter.  Well - they aren't my concern.  They are my complete allies.  Pastor's sister on the other hand - I don't know  - the votes are still out.


We have found some places that we can help - and by making things.  That seems to be the focus the group wants to have.  This next meeting we are going to be making tied fleece baby blankets for a group here that helps women under 25 who have an unplanned pregnancy.  


I am so excited about it all.  Then I found a group that gives "Comfort Dolls" to abused women in shelters all over the nation.  That's another thing we can do.  


I think we are well on our way.  Fellowship and giving to others.  What a combination!


Peace.

1 comment:

JuJu said...

Poor Pastor, he sounds a wee bit insecure.

It sounds like you guys are a on a great track. I'd love to see what you make?