Monday, May 02, 2011

Finally.

I'll get to the title in a bit. I just wanted to share my Sunday. I don't know why; I'm sure you had one just as busy.

I began running when I finally woke up at 8:30. I made the decision we would just have toast or something because for the last Sundays there has been things like breakfast tacos, and the like. So I know you know what happened. Yep - I stayed away from the donuts. My blood sugar doesn't need that. I did have a small bagel with cream cheese. It was far from the breakfast taco I dreamed of. If we hadn't been so late, I would have run down to the little Mexican restaurant in the same shopping center.

From there we went to lunch. That was no biggie. Nothing unusual happened there. After that we went to one of the local theater groups. They were doing a murder mystery. It was really quite good. I don't really care for the Agatha Cristie ones, but being a live performance made it good.

From there it was home to feed Simone, pick up a bottle of wine and some Bohemia ales, and we were off to Son's house. Now I am getting to the title of today's wonderful post! DIL ordered some dresses for the little girls. They are the new loud style of prints you wouldn't normally put together. I was a bit hurt that she had bought dresses. Um - I have three sewing machines, two embroidery machines and one serger. I am available.

So I came home after dinner and licked my wounds. I had a piece of "Dora the Explorer" material that I was going to use with something else. I found it in the remnant section of the store. I took the girl's measurements last night for them. I was going to get other fabric tomorrow.

The phone rang, and it was DIL. She found a source for the fabric, and asked me if I would make the dresses. Well, of course! So hence the finally. She has never asked me to do anything. She has acted like what I put out is terrible. So I was pleased when she asked if I would do it. I am pleased.


Peace be with you.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

Oh yay!! I hope you will put up a picture of the finished product?

I still treasure the dresses my grandmother made for my daughter.

Cheyenne said...

Progress...it's a great word, especially where in-laws are concerned. Glad to hear she has finally wakened up.

yellowdoggranny said...

I bet those dresses will just rock.