Friday, May 13, 2011

Whirlwind!

I can't believe (blogger won't let me complete a sentence unless it's in italics) that we have been out of the house for two days now!

Yesterday began at the ungodly time of 7AM. I. Do. Not. Function. At. Said. Hour. Don't like it at all. But the truck needed it's bodily fluids changed. The car was acting like it was going to need major surgery soon. Both came out just fine - it is our wallets that are suffering now. The bill was $400+! But the truck must transport us almost three hundred miles Tuesday.

Then we went to lunch with out new pastor, his sister, and the worship leader. It was a great time made even greater by RAIN! It rained! The wind blew, there was lightening and thunder. It was a storm. I was afraid that young children were going to be brought up not knowing what this thing rain is.

I have been nominated to do a "hymn sing" for the church. I mentioned it would be nice to have a hymn sing of the old favorite hymns. Guess who will do that - right me - I opened my mouth.

Then we got into talking about embroidering the baptismal blankets. G had said I did that at the other church. Guess what. I will be trundling up stairs to give samples of crosses I could do.

Today was my all time favorite thing to do - grocery store. Got that done. So now I will leave you to enter my well organized craft room (whose am I talking about - certainly not mine) to make some more dresses and embroidery crosses.

But you know what - I am honored to be asked to do these things for the church. We are going to this little church that isn't a church (until this meeting of the synod). This is the exact reason. We love a small church. Hopefully it won't become like the last one that despite large dollar amounts of additional "gifts" of money is still in dutch with the IRS.

That's a tale I may bring up later, if not it's my memory that has failed again. Have a beautiful weekend.

4 comments:

Susan Adcox said...

I love the idea of an old-fashioned hymn sing! I'm sure it will be a lot of work, but what a blessing for those who attend!

angela said...

Wow, so many inspirations. We used to do hymn sings when the pastor was absent from church. I loved them, but missed communion especially.

And the embroidery on blankets--what a wonderful personal touch. I've not heard about baptismal blankets and would love to hear more--got a picture?

Marti said...

I can't let go of the mattress that early either. Funny you should mention the hymn sings. We are going to a gospel singing tonight and none of the hymns are earlier than 1950. I can't say that is my cup of tea, but the in-laws are looking forward to it, so we'll go.

Judy said...

I love the old hymns. All of my grandchildren got baptismal blankets--with their names embroidered on them by someone in their church. Very nice.