Friday, April 09, 2010

Well, I am done - stick me with a fork!

My day began with PT. It was at the ungodly early hour of 9:30. Well, that's not really early, but I thought I would say it was! I have it down now, so I stayed here until 9:15. Ohhh, I am really the dare devil pushing the clock so! I still made it with 3 minutes to spare. She called me back 5 minutes later.

She had another patient. That usually doesn't happen, but today she was crowded. There was one who came in as I was completing my wonderful heat/electrical simulations on my back. She started me with the sissy leg lifts. Easy, easy. Even with the five pounds. Then I was to do the side lifts, and then the other side where I am like a pretzel, and then the small lifts on my stomach with two pounds. Easy, easy.

Then I decided to do the killer myself - with the weights. It is the straight leg lift. I have had to struggle to do three sets of 10 on these leg lifts. They hurt - a lot - and in the groin. What?? Why there? Anyway. I set about doing these with a two pound weight. Won't Paula be impressed? So I did ten - easy. Twenty - easy. Thirty - a bit of a challenge. Forty - ok, not bad. Fifty. Well that is getting there isn't it. To boil it down, I did EIGHT sets of ten. That was our goal - without weight. Wowie zowie!! I did the other exercises, and got my treat -- the heat and the stimuli. And I was on my way. I graduated today. This was what was prescribed. Tuesday I go see the docs. I think there is ore PT prescribed for my back.

Speaking of that back. It is not so good, but I will get to that later. After PT, I had 1 1/2 hours to wait until I went for a CT. I knew I needed the old fashioned TV antenna. If my cable goes out, we are dead in the water. The HDTV won't pick up anything without help. So I got that.

The decision for lunch was there. I scanned all the fast food places available. There was Sonic. Nope - that's for travel since we have to eat with the animals on the road. There was ChickFila. Don't like chicken sandwiches that much. Some sort of Panda Express or something. I still am not crazy about Chinese after chemo. Then I thought of Panera. Great choice. I had time to waste, and that place screams for you to spend/waste time. Got a good sandwich, really good iced tea, and read my book for 45 minutes. Nice.

I headed off the the CT place. I was there early, and they took me in early. Great. It was just the right knee. Do Bones wants to see that right knee more. It has its own problems - like probably there is bone stuck in the tendon to the knee cap. Great.

After that I was trying to think of what I needed to do. I thought I would go ahead and hit the grocery. I am out of tonic water. That's my big evening cocktail. Wow - what a wild chick. But then the pills give me the buzz of four drinks.

While hitting the isles of the grocery, I found the back isn't fixed. There is just not shooting pains down my back. Just stabbing in the middle back. So I think there are definitely more shots. The next ones will probably address the spinal problem - the stenosis. Let's just get is "fixed" before the right knee surgery.

But I was away from the house from 9:15 to 1:15. That's a record for the last few months!

Have a great, peaceful weekend.

Peace be with you.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Gosh you are doing so great! I had the electrical stimulation at my chiropractors and it really helped. Unfortunately, this PT place doesn't "believe" in it so...all I get is hot packs.

Research stenosis of the back and DON'T ever get back surgery until you get at least 2 opinions. I just read an article today about back surgery and how most of it won't help with stenosis or compression, so...just be careful with that.

You give me such hope--courage for me to get my hip surgery. I am almost looking forward to it--although I haven't even been to the ortho doc yet and am NOT going to do anything until I get back from my trip to N. Carolina. NOTHING is going to mess that up for me...nuttin'.