Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tid BIts

Well, for once we missed driving in the heavy rain on the way to the SSB. They got over 4 inches (we measured 4.38) on Thursday night. My brother in law and sister in law were in the midst of it all the way from Austin. I understand the driving got a little scary in places, and I know it must have been. Those places can be scary for several days after a rain. The town got 6 inches. Wow. And this is the semi-arid place. But the wild flowers are absolutely beautiful. That is one thing I have to say about Texas - our wild flowers in spring are really beautiful. A cold wet winter really did wonders.

_______________________________ ____________________________

Before we left, I had to move some things in the attic because we were having insulation added. I hope it will control utility bills some. Of course, I tease G telling him if we caulked the windows that would help - a lot. But the part of the attic I was in isn't tall enough to allow standing - at least for what I had to do. So I got down, and finally sat. As soon as I was on my butt, I had a thought. How in this world was I going to get back on my feet. I really thought I would be there forever. There is nothing to grab onto to hoist myself up. I thought I was doomed, but I managed to get on my knees, a feat I thought was impossible. I had never put weight on the incision before like that. Well, obviously, it worked, and I am up

_________________________________________________________

I am definitely looking forward to tomorrow. I am set to get the second in the series of injections in my back. It has been screaming again. At least the pain isn't radiating down the leg to the feet any more. I hope by the time I get the third (and final) injection, the pain will be gone. I hope it is like the dragon. It is pushed back a little at a time, and then disappears.

_____________________________________________________________

This morning the crew for the insulation showed up at 7:30. Yes that is a.m. I managed to corral Simone. She took her pill, ate her breakfast, and went out to do her little jobs. Then I put her back in the bedroom so she could retire to her crate. That is her usual place anyway. After a bit, and after calling and calling, there was a black streak heading to the utility room. That was Shadow. After they left, I went to look for him. I called and called. I left the door open. No cat. Now we are talking about less that 50 square feet there I think. I finally figured out he was behind the washer and dryer. So I moved the big tote of dry dog food, all the bottles of things I store on the floor, picked up all the leashes and collars that once belonged to Taz, Sam, and Katie, who are in doggie heaven. Basically cleaned the utility room to give that darn cat room to get his fat rear up and out! After a few minutes, he was in the breakfast room where I set up my work station, rubbing on my legs. Fat boy!

___________________________________________________________________

Just before noon, SIL called. Lady Bug was home from school ill, and he needed to call on a client. Every time he does this, it is at meal time, and the child has not eaten. Now how can I not feed a hungry grandchild? So we made sandwiches after a bit.

I had collected wild flowers with the intention of pressing them to use for jewelry later. I got her to place some so I could put them in the microwave. I have a really neat little presser that uses the microwave (really?? since I just talked about that) to begin drying the flowers. When I was in college, one of my classes was a taxonomy class (where you find the scientific name of the plant). We had to choose a family of plants to press and mount to add to the collection the school had. I chose legumes, like clovers, etc This little thing is great. I can do in one minute what the old way took a week or more depending on the plant.

She did one "tray" then got hungry. So we ate, and she lost interest. Sounds normal.

So I am back, and all things are normal in this part of the world! I probably won't be here tomorrow. If it's like the last time, I will be sleeping it all off!

Peace be with you.


1 comment:

Judy said...

Do they put you out for the injections? Sort of out like when you have a tooth pulled or a colonoscopy? I would hope so. Glad you are doing better--down on your knees--I couldn't.