Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another day to starve

I had m appointment at the Pain Doctor's office this morning. That is always a trip. The clientele is interesting to say the least. There are those who definitely were hurt on the job. They appear to be migrant type workers who are getting Worker's Comp. There are those who have some sort of genetic abnormality and have pain from that. Then there are the true weirdos.

One of those came in this morning. She was dressed in flowing clothes. Her hair was more windblown than the day supported. Her eyes were rather wild. She asked what time out appointments were. Actually they were running surprisingly on time. They were only about 15 minutes late. She was out of sorts with that.

Unfortunately, I was called back before she really got started. I would have loved to have listened to her. It was bound to be interesting. She was still out there when I came out, but I don't know what she was saying. But it was clear she had been talking!!

I didn't see the doctor. I saw one of his assistants. I couldn't understand things he said for the most part. I did understand one thing however. MRI. I said no, no, no!! So after all is said and done, I will get my injections next Wednesday -at 9. At least I can sit around here - or sleep longer -NPO. It will be late - regardless.

I go on Thursday of this week to see what the Ortho doc says. We are looking at May I believe. I just hope it goes like it did last time. If so, I am not going to keep myself home as long as I did!

Such an exciting life. At least there is no more PT for at least two weeks!

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I just gotta go see the ortho doc and see what he says. The last two days my hip hasn't hurt a bit, w hich makes me wonder--do I need surgery or is the PT helping? My back is killing me today, so I haven't been without pain, but relish no hip pain for sure. Strange how pain makes my moods so different. Fred said, "You don't smile very much anymore," and I find I don't want to do anything which is depressing. Such is life with pain--it affects everything in that life.

Grandma K said...

Jude, that's where I was. I didn't want to do anything, go anywhere. Last year when we went to the National Railway Association meeting, I was miserable. I was in so much pain, and we were hopping on and off trains. That was once something I loved. Not last year. Pain takes over your entire being. I don't know that you need surgery, but go see. You can always say "no" to surgery.