Thursday, March 01, 2018

To continue

This thing has gotten so much worse - so fast!

On Tuesday, I went to Granddaughter's water polo game.  It was at 5:30 and I drove - which is something I TRY to not do at all.  It was dusk when I got out.  First, with my diminished peripheral vision, I didn't see the step down in the parking lot.  I missed it and fell - fortunately on my butt.  That was embarrassing.  Then coming home, I was scared to death.  I really couldn't see that well as the night grew darker, and judging distance was really hard.

I knew all I see is blurry objects - letters disappear, but I just was kidding myself into believing it wasn't this bad.  It is.

So I go back next Tuesday to me "measured" for the lens.  And probably some other things as well.  I lost all she was saying - just to come in next week.  Then on the 27th is the surgery.

I love my doctor.  She is so funny.  I told her I was nervous with all that has happened to this eye.  She said I shouldn't be.  I told her that was easy for HER to say!

I really am thinking I don't have that much to lose.  I know, saw the "movie" about the surgery at her office, and she said I could lost my vision, but there isn't that much left!

Keep you posted as things progress!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

I had double cateract surgery in the fall. It was shocking how much better I could see. You will be happy with the results.All the eye drops were worth the results. Good luck.

Marti said...

I've been wondering what you learned. And yes, you are at the point where this surgery can't make it much worse. And could make it a lot better too so it's worth the risk. If you are like me, it's even hard to tell what you are typing here. And to read street signs again?!!! Wonderful. That's the goal.