Monday, March 26, 2018

Almost D Day

Or rather S day!  Tomorrow - 6 a.m. 

I have been using eyedrops since Friday, well only one until Sunday.  One of those is once a day and the other is four times a day.  The flyer with them says to reduce pain and swelling, but I really believe the 4 a day also has some antibiotic properties.

I have spent the day trying to get chores done and errands run.  We needed screws for the garage door and G has a sit upon "valet" that he has managed to lose screws from.  Fortunately, I discovered that fact before it collapsed (again).  Of course with my mind - I forgot to take sample screws with me!  But I think the ones I got will work out.

I am doing my best to stay calm.  Saturday night we went with the church group (there is a group that goes out to dinner once a month - catchy name - Guess Where We Are Going To Dinner.  That is how it started, but has changed into an announced place that changes each month). 

We sat across the table from a couple who BOTH have had cataract surgery.  Everyone says it is easy.  So I am holding onto that.  If my blood pressure is high, they will cancel the surgery.  I most certainly don't want that.  I will be sure that I take my meds!!

That's about it.  I will (hopefully) be back soon to let you know how it went.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Any kind of surgery on my eyes would scare me, but I too have heard that it is very simple. Let me know, okay?

Marti said...

I'm so glad you got good reports from them. Everyone I know who has had it has had an easy time too. Sounds like you are going to be busy today getting ready for the next week and that's probably a good thing.

Jeanette said...

Hope all went well for you and you are home recuperating nicely!