Tuesday, November 06, 2012

TGIO(over)

Yes - most of the hoopla is now over.  Election day is here, and all the rhetoric should stop.  I HOPE SO.

This blog is not my place to bring in politics.  I do have a stand, but I don't want it brought up here.  The divide in our family is bad enough.  I listen to the arguments at Sunday dinner often enough.  I want a quiet, peaceful place here.

I have come to hate the political system, and I have ranted about that here before.  So that is a dead horse I choose not to beat once again.

I have been forgetting to make a correction.  I should know better than to do this, but I did it.  English has to be one of the most difficult languages to learn.  Spelling at least is difficult for English.  We have too many words that sound alike.  Last week when I was lamenting the hurricane, I realized after I had published it that when I wrote about a pier being washed away, I wrote peer.  Stupid, stupid.  My fingers just completely dislocated themselves from what little brain I have left.  So the wrong word when in there.  I have a mental vision of a person being ripped from the sand and sent into the sea from what I wrote.

It is all to easy when the words are flowing to use the wrong form of two, too, to.  That is just one that easily comes to mind.  Then there is they're, their, there.  See what I mean?

So thank you for not jumping on my mistake.  I make this promise to you:  my repressed English minor with emphasis on grammar will not grade your posts if you don't grade mine.  I especially fear the dreaded :"comma blunder" that would  be an automatic "F!"

5 comments:

JuJu said...

This is a grade free politics free judgment free space! :-)

I couldn't, for the life of me, think how to spell vicious yesterday. Today, it's back. What's with that???!!!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm just glad it's over..

Marti said...

I agree. I'm so glad it's over.

You will never hear a word of correction from me. I was an English teacher whose major was Literature with emphasis on Shakespeare! I actually think I'm better at math than grammar, and I only took one math course in college. That was one more math course than grammar course. lol

Cheyenne said...

Maybe the rhetoric will stop but the bleeding will go on...four more years. Ugh.

Judy said...

It's okay on the spellling. I was an English major with a writing minor and I still lose a word every now and then.