Monday, September 12, 2011

Update

Simone is getting along fairly well.  She certainly is not used to the e collar.  She rams into objects (and us) on a regular basis.  I tried to give her a respite from it this morning, but she had to remain in my sight.  I know as soon as she would be out of my sight, she would begin the licking and gnawing on the stitches.

I took a picture before we removed the bandage.  I will upload it this week.

Even if I get it uploaded this week, I doubt that I will be able to post it until next week.  We are off, through the fires, to the SSB.  I say through the fires because unless we go WAY out of the way to drive through San Antonio, we have to go through the Bastrop area.  So - through the fires.  I think they are a little more contained than they were.  At least I hope.

The problem with being at the SSB (that stands for Sting, Sticks, or Bites - because that is what everything there does - it is rough land!), is that my dear phone - with its supposed internet capabilities - does not work well there.  AND I still have about a year on the contract.  Then I can go back to my old carrier.  You really do get what you pay for.  This was a tad cheaper, and the service is waaaaay worse.  Lesson learned.

If I cannot visit you all, have a safe and pleasant week.  We will be back here in Swampland (that is quickly becoming desert) next Tuesday.  I will visit you on Wednesday!

Peace

5 comments:

Marti said...

I hope the SSB is a good respite for all of you. BTDT with the e-collar. You've probably already experienced being rammed in the back of the knees and being taken down to the floor. I hope Simone has a fast recovery - for all your sakes.

Jeanette said...

I hope Simone heals fast so he can stop crashing into things! Funny you mentioned what the SSB means because I looked in your archives a few months ago because I was curious about it! Sounds like a rough place! Hopefully at least it's on a lake or something!

JuJu said...

Give Simone a big hug from South Carolina.
Have a good week and we'll chat next week!

Grandma K said...

Well - we changed plans. We are putting off the trip for a week. I feel much better about that!

The SSB is near NO water at all. It is at the edge of the Texas Hill Country - where the zone is becoming desert. It is rough. We have no surface water on the place - only our well that we are praying will hold through this drought. Lots and lots of cactus - hence the name!!

Thanks for your comments!

yellowdoggranny said...

I always feel so sorry for them when they have to wear the collar..they look so goofy.