Monday, April 02, 2007

Wee beasties

When I got home from getting the fluids on Thursday, I had an interesting message on the answering machine from my neighbor on the east. She told me she was watching squirrels running in and out of a hole on the south side of my house and birds flying in and out of a hole on the north side. Living in Swampland is so wonderful. Apparently the saying "Mi casa es su casa" is certainly applied to wild life here!

So I remembered a television commercial I had watched. There is a company here who provides quite a number of services from killing bugs in your house to building swimming pools. One of their services is to get rid of invading wildlife. I called them, and they came out Saturday.

It seems like we are not only invaded by the above-mentioned vermin, and yes even birds if they are trying to share my house are vermin, we have "roof rats." They are clever little beasties that get into your attic to live during the night, then leave during the day to forage only to return that evening. Wonderful.

We signed a contract, and they will be here this week to seal up any and all entrance areas into our attic. They will place snap traps - glad our bedroom is downstairs so we won’t be hearing that action. They will also place live traps. The hitch here is that on the contract we are to contact them within 24 hours of finding something in the live trap. Guess what! We will be gone from Friday to Monday. I figure that to be just a tad more than 24 hours.

I wonder what that will do for our contract?

1 comment:

flying eagle woman said...

i'm speechless really...i logged on thinking i might have something to say i am one with deep convictions about vermin annihilation, i wish i could get all the mice in the WORLD and oh well, let's not get graphic...

for what it's worth, I HOPE things work out well in this challenge!
HUGS,
Shawna