Saturday, April 29, 2006

Thoughts for today

Well, we are winding down (or winding up?) For our trip to Disneyland. I’m just hoping things will pan out. I have let daughter and son in law make the arrangements. I never thought I was too much of a control freak until now. I love my daughter so much, but she can make a penny scream. Vacation is not the time to cut corners, especially if you are headed to a destination all the way across the nation - plus you have never been there before! I am really on pins and needles about this one. I guess I have let G plan them all before, and I know he does a great job. Plus he doesn’t cut corners to save a penny. I just hope this trip doesn’t become one that was "penny foolish!"

I made Simone’s reservations at the kennel that works with the Boxer Rescue group here. We got her through that group, so I feel that may give her a bit more attention knowing she was a rescue, and that we have only had her since a little before Christmas. I shouldn’t worry so about her, but she is my only baby now. Monkey Boy is in day care, and Lady Bug starts (I can’t believe it) kindergarten in the fall. Oh well. So a dog had become my baby. I'll never say nasty things about that situation again!

Things are always hopping on the Son in law’s family front. You never know what to expect, except you can be sure it will involve money. Not a loan, mind you, an out and out gift. This time it is around $600. They are able to make S feel so bad if he doesn’t give it to them. There are four children in that family, but he is the only one they always come to.
His dad needs $250 for the Tax, Title and License on a vehicle he bought - under very dubious circumstances. That’s another long story that I’m not really even clear on, except I really believe the money he used was from ill gotten means. His mother has discovered her mother is probably in the last moments of life, so S’s sister found a flight for her to get home - for about $300. The catch is that sister, as per usual, has no money. Neither does brother #1. Brother #2 has money, but won’t part with it - even though he uses his parents as his virtual slaves. All work (keeping his two kids and one step kid and cleaning his house), and no money. I really feel sorry for S. I understand the dilemma . It’s so unfair of a parent to do this sort of thing to a child - especially on a continuing basis - with no qualms about asking for money.

Have a great rest of the weekend! Ours will be interesting! Now to email step brother in California to see if we can visit his new restaurant
!

No comments: