Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Not like me

I seem to be so serious these days. I’m having trouble finding the humor in life’s situations these days. I really don’t know what is going on with me.

Part of the problem may be that I am still having some difficulty with Dad’s death. I know in reality I began to lose the real "him" ten years ago. I would have these thoughts of telling this or that to him, and then the realization that he wouldn’t understand.

Yesterday G finally made me go through the bags of clothes I had hastily packed at the assisted living place. Two items tugged at my heart. One was a shirt that he had when he was in San Antonio, and he wore that shirt often. The other was the windbreaker he often wore. My daughter in law took a picture of him and me before he really was bad, and he had on that wind breaker. I’ll never see him wear either of these things again, and that makes me so sad.

No comments: