Saturday, December 10, 2011

Tamed the monster - until it completely breaks

Yes, I set out to battle this here lil' ol' computer this morning - and I won, at least so far.

Part of my problem is that I am still back in Windows 1 (or whatever it was), and this little babe is 7.  I really had a steep learning curve to begin with.  I see now there isn't all THAT much difference, and the things I have discovered that are different, I really like.  The Gate*** upstairs is XP, and I miss some of the things here.

Anyway, back to my story.  This morning I tried to remember what I would do to solve the infernal loop Della likes to settle into.  For some reason, the was it was, it would automatically go to my name as user, and I would just log on.  Now it doesn't do that.  When it doesn't, the internet security program is going through all those things that want to access the internet immediately, and I have to approve them all over again.  But then Della still sits and spins.

So I discovered the old "crtl-alt-del" trick.  I do that immediately, and choose change user. Ok!  Works.  Then I shut down the internet protector.  Then I am good to go.

Whatever is locked in here, I am pretty sure I will have major problems someday.  I did a scan from the Mc yesterday.  It came out clean.  I have another I will do today, but I feel there is something nasty lurking within those chips in here.

I just wonder when it will come exploding out of the keyboard like "Alien."

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

I hope you have your camera ready when this alien pops out. That picture could make you a lot of money from a tabloid newspaper!

Cheyenne said...

it will probably happen when your guard is down or when you least expect it.

Marti said...

LOL, JuJu. I think she's on to something though.

Glad you got it fixed, at least for now. If nothing else, it gives you time to get everything off that you need.