Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Grrrrrr

I really should just sit and get over this "mad" I have going on right now, but I am still seething.

Our dryer has been working more and more poorly over the last few months.  G was going to dry some towels I had in the dryer, but they didn't dry after two rounds over the weekend.  He discovered that there was a huge amount of lint - behind the filter.  The filter has never fit correctly, and after a million loads, well, it allowed a lot of lint to gather behind it.

He is not the mechanical sort.  He took something and began to dig out the lint.  He got a lot out, and I had the idea that the vacuum cleaner would be just the thing to use.  It would have been, but the space between the front of the dryer and the back of the lint filter holder wouldn't allow the crevice tool to get down there.

I went to the garage to find the largest screw driver I could find.  (note - I was able to salvage some of my dad's tools after his death, and he had some like this, otherwise I would have been SOL)  It worked sort of, but I couldn't get all the lint.

I remembered that the guy who cleaned the chimney also cleaned dryer vents.  Now I thought this would include the dryer too.  I can see what needs to be done, but I don't have (???) the proper sized screw driver for those little screws that holds the entire thing.  Poetic justice, right?

Anyway this is a long way around to explain why I am still boiling.  We called that guy, and he is supposed to come out this morning.  We are having some of that water that falls from the sky this morning.  He called to say he would like to come later because this involves ladder work.  I replied - uh, no.  The vent just goes out the wall.

I TRIED to explain to G that we probably aren't going to get what we think we are getting - a complete cleaning of the whole thing, and we probably will have to call a repair person.

Every time I try to explain something to him, he looks at me like I am some creature from the planet Xenon who is speaking in some other language.  It is like he thinks I don't know anything.  It makes me so mad I could just spit.  He will argue with me for hours about something that I know is right.  All with that stupid look on his face.

If I hadn't already blown up, although nicely, yesterday about this very thing, I think I would be  in a better mood.  I told him about how he argues with me about everything.  I told him he gives me that stupid look (but I didn't say "stupid") look that is like I am a creature from outer space.  I told him all of this, and yet this behavior continues.  I am beginning to believe he is stupid.  There, I said it!  And right now I MEAN it.

I am just furious.  So I simply held the phone back to him, said to call this guy to get an explanation.  He said no - he thinks the whole thing will be cleaned.  I simply said OK - and walked off.  I have better things to do with my life than argue with a wall.

Thank you for listening!  And peace be with you.  And this is why I don't publicize my blog to the family!  It is my outlet.

7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh I certainly know what you are talking about. Sometimes when I talk to my husband I just turn and talk to the wall because it's the same thing! Good luck with your dryer!

yellowdoggranny said...

they make a tool for that..it's about 2 feet long, narrow with wire bristles and you stick it in there and the lint sticks to it..sort of like a large bottle washer..
you can also get a rubber mallet and smack him right between the eyes..won't get the lint out but will make you feel better..

JuJu said...

I know nothing about dryer cleaners, screwdrivers or repairmen.
I do know that most men think they're always right and have an uncanny knack of pissing us off by being stubborn pigheaded poopheads.

Cheyenne said...

Oh boy, do I ever know what you are talking about! I have one of those, too.

Marti said...

Oh do I ever understand. I haven't been posting lately because I have been so mad at Hubby for much the same reason. Even after I showed him I was right, he continued to argue with me! He's finally come around and now I need to figure out how to post it in a civil manner since he reads my blog. lol

Judy said...

I have the dryer clean brush and it works well--need to do it at least once every couple of months or the lint can cause a fire. I USED to have one of those kinds of husband's--now I have Fred who thinks everything I say is pure magic!!

mel said...

@judemiller1 - you give me hope!