Friday, December 09, 2011

Here we go again

This computer is really acting wonky.  It takes me about 30 minutes to get it to stop its running in some kind of loop.  It started being sick a couple of days ago.  Anything that was typed would stop after two or so words.  That was aggravating.

Yesterday, it was caught in some kind of loop.  One of the virus controls I use for internet is apparently the culprit.  If I can get to that program and shut it down, then all's right with the world.  If not - well, no internet on this computer today.

I really thought I had the problem solved yesterday.  Got the offending program shut down, and everything worked fine.  Today G turned it on, and it was the same thing.  Another 30 minutes to try to get it solved.

So I am running a scan to see if there is an offending virus or some other thing hidden.  I have no idea where G goes on the internet.  Nothing really bad - but he isn't really aware of where problems can hide.  I KNOW he got viruses on his work computer that shut his down, and even threatened the entire system.  We have to get another computer up so I can put the router back on.  Then I can take this computer back - for me, plus use the one upstairs - for me.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

We are super protected and STILL crap manages to get on our computers. It is so frustrating.

Tell G to quit trying to pop Brad Pitt's zit! :-)

Hang in there Grandma!!

Marti said...

We're having computer problems with Brownie's laptop. It has to be a virus and I can't figure out which one it is. So annoying. I hope you get yours fixed soon.

Cheyenne said...

My husband does not use the computer simply because he doesn't know how. And he doesn't want to know how. So if anything happens with it, I have only myself to blame.