Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Times have changed

Not too long ago, Daughter thought she was Wonder Woman.  She thought she could have a full time job, volunteer at the school, have the kids in sports, keep a spotless house - basically do it all.  And this was all with SIL out of town, a lot!

Last week her world began to crumble a bit.  Nothing really bad, but just enough that she FINALLY decided she does need to call on me sometimes. SIL was out of town, and Monkey  Boy had one of his GI problems thereby missing two days of school.  That was last Wednesday and Thursday, with me keeping the two older ones on Friday after school.

Yesterday was one of those days for her.  She is frantically making her calls   on her stores.  They have a number they are to meet in a month.  She will be in Orlando most of next week for a company meeting, so there goes a week for her.  She has been elected to the "Board of Elders" at church, and they had a meeting last night.  Lady Bug had swim practice.  (I need to find her picture from the swim meet last week and show you - she got 4+ medals!!).  SIL is out of town.

She asked me to watch the two younger ones.  Normally - no problem, but I spent the morning with DIL and her two.  We went shopping, then met G for lunch.  Fun morning.

The problem was that when I got home, I was so full it was like Thanksgiving all over.  I was stuffed, and I wanted to sleep.  I am so glad Daughter called.  I had forgotten about me watching hers!

I went over there.  That was probably the first mistake.  Monkey is not supposed to play video games during the week.  He pulled a fast one on Granny!  He went up to the game room first to play.  Then he came downstairs and commandeered that TV.  When Daughter got home she was rather livid.

It seems while she was at the swim meet over the weekend, SIL allowed the day to be full of video games.  MB spends too much time, and does not take potty breaks - leading to constipation then diarrhea.  Then after last night, well...

So Grandma probably made a mistake, but that's what happens!  Not gonna' let it get to me.

Have a great one!

Peace.

2 comments:

JuJu said...

In my world, grandma's don't make mistakes. So, there you have it. You did exactly what you were supposed to do my dear!

yellowdoggranny said...

grannies don't make mistake..we make carefully crafted decisions that some times dont' work out