Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All's well, and all that, plus the beat goes on.

Some mixture!  Some things are right, and some things are just continuing to be strange.

The dryer was worked on the way I hoped.  Of course, that wasn't the real issue in yesterday's post - it was that hard headed man I am married to.  I don't see him ever  changing either, but this has gotten worse.  Geesh!

Grannie - you are right.  He used those brushes to get all that junk out.  I never knew there were such things.  Learn something new everyday.  Isn't that Martha Stewart's mantra??  Oh, well - I do try.

The beat that is going on has to do with that stupid accident.  We got a call yesterday from another adjuster, or something.  They want another taped recount of the events.  We didn't recognize the telephone number, so we called the adjuster at the insurance company to see if this is really on the up and up.

He was out, but called this morning.  It is legitimate, and so G will call this guy again.  It seems that the insurance company is very upset about the lying taking place on their part.  I believe she has had a claim before, and they are very upset about her  not being truthful with them.  They are probably looking for a way to dump her.  I didn't know they needed a cause, but I guess so.

So things are rocking along.  I just wish I knew what was going to happen for Christmas.  SIL keeps talking about this hunk of meat he has and wants to fix, but nothing else is being talked about.  He wants to go to San Antonio to see his family, but Daughter doesn't want to go - at least not before Christmas.

We are going to DIL's mother's house for a while.  She always includes us in her family Christmas.  We have a good time, but apparently we don't like real Cajun food.  Their gumbo isn't what I like.  They don't put anything in it but chicken and sausage.  I like a good seafood gumbo.  They also have theirs with the rice that one would expect, but also potato salad.  Interesting!

So what we will be doing and where - who knows.  Church will be one of the places on Christmas Eve.  And DIL's mom's house will be a stop on Christmas Day.  Other than that is a mystery!

Peace.

3 comments:

JuJu said...

You're living on the edge! What will you be eating? It's a huge mystery. I do think gumbo should have seafood in it, even if I prefer mine without.

But, Lordy be, potato salad?

Cheyenne said...

I know where I will be on Christmas: home watching football if there are any games on, and also making our meal which I look forward to doing for a change.
The following day my daughter and her significant other will be here to exchange gifts etc.

Marti said...

Ugh, insurance adjusters! They are always looking for a way out. I hope they pay you quickly so this can be over.

Merry Christmas!